Having defensive driving skills is critically important for anyone who gets behind the wheel, but it is especially important for people just earning their drivers license. This is because young drivers often make poor split-second decisions because of their lack of experience. Defensive driving involves being aware of all of your surroundings, including other vehicles and the weather and road conditions. Defensive driving also means anticipating issues that might lie ahead and knowing how to handle them when they arrive. By learning to drive defensively, young District of Columbia drivers have a better chance of avoiding accidents. Further, a young driver with defensive skills is better prepared to deal with unexpected situations that come their way. Ultimately, defensive driving is a vital skill that aspiring District of Columbia drivers need to grasp to keep our roadways safe.
If you consider yourself an excellent defensive driver, this test should be a piece of cake. In this test, you’ll see questions that cover many elements of defensive driving that will help you gauge your true depth of knowledge on the topic. Do you know what to do in a skidding vehicle on an icy road? Or, what about when you have someone tailgating you?
District of Columbia Defensive Driving Test
See if you’re up to date on the knowledge and techniques of defensive driving in District of Columbia. So buckle up and let’s get started! Press start to begin.
More District of Columbia Drivers Tests
We have put together ten additional tests to help you practice for your District of Columbia Driver’s License. Click below and get practicing!
- District of Columbia Alcohol and Drugs Test
- District of Columbia Defensive Driving Test (current page)
- District of Columbia Driving Conditions Test
- District of Columbia Intersections Test
- District of Columbia Managing Traffic Test
- District of Columbia Parking Test
- District of Columbia Road Signs Test 1
- District of Columbia Road Signs Test 2
- District of Columbia Road Signs Test 3
- District of Columbia Sharing the Road Test