pennsylvania CDL Practice Test
0 of 40 questions completed
Welcome to the Pennsylvania CDL practice test site. CDL rules and regulations covered on these practice tests come from the PA CDL Manual. You can take these practice test questions as many times as you like as you attempt to obtain your PA CDL. You will be presented with 40 questions and you must answer 34 questions correctly to pass. There is a 50-minute time limit. You may not go back once you answer a question. Click the “Start Test” button below to begin.
You have already completed this test before. You may only take this test once.
Test is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start this test.
You have to finish the following test before you may take this test:
0 of 40 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You scored 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Air Brake, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Combination Vehicles, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Double Triple Trailers, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- General, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Hazardous Material, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Passenger Vehicle, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Pre-Trip Inspection, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- School Bus, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Tanker Vehicles, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
Congratulations! You PASSED the CDL test! You can try it again to brush up on new questions or head down to your local DMV and take the state-administered test!
Ouch! You need to score at least 85% to pass this CDL test–that’s 34 correct questions out of 40. Why don’t you try it again and brush up on some of the questions before taking the real thing. If you need to focus on a specific category, try one of our CDL Category Tests by using the links below.
Air Brakes Combination Vehicles Double & Triple Trailers General Knowledge Hazardous Materials Passenger Vehicles Pre-Trip Inspections School Bus Tanker Vehicles
pennsylvania Drivers Test
pennsylvania Motorcycle Test
pennsylvania CDL Test
CDL Category Practice Tests
CDL General Knowledge Test
Combination Vehicles Test
Passenger Vehicles Test
Pre-Trip Inspections Test
Double/Triple Trailers Test
CDL School Bus Test
CDL Air Brakes Test
Hazardous Materials Test
CDL Tanker Vehicles Test
CDL Practice Test
How To Get A pennsylvania Commercial Drivers License
To be eligible for a CDL in Pennsylvania, applicants must meet the following age eligibility requirements.
- Be at least 18 years old to operate a commercial vehicle intrastate (within Pennsylvania only).
- Be at least 21 years old to operate a commercial vehicle interstate (outside of Pennsylvania).
Pennsylvania CDL applicants must be medically certified that they are physically fit enough to operate a commercial vehicle and pass a vision test. Pennsylvania applicants must get assistance with the forms from a qualified CDL physician and submit the following documents:
- (Form MCSA-5875) Medical Examination Report Form
- (Form MCSA-5876) Medical Examiner’s Certificate
Applicants who receive a CDL must keep their Medical Examiner’s Certificate with them at all times while they are operating a commercial vehicle.
Drivers who have had their licenses revoked, suspended, denied or canceled are not eligible for a CDL in Pennsylvania. Applicants can be disqualified for having multiple licenses.
Pennsylvania CDL Endorsements
- H – Hazmat Vehicles
- N – Tank Vehicles
- P – Passenger Vehicles
- S – School Bus
- T – Double or Triple Trailer
- X – Combination Tank Vehicles and Hazmat Vehicles
Hit the Open Road
pennsylvania CDL License Test Tips
All Pennsylvania CDL applicants must pass the general knowledge test prior to taking the skills test. To pass the Pennsylvania test, applicants must score 80 percent or higher. Applicants who require additional endorsements must pass additional tests and pay the required fees. The Pennsylvania skills test can be taken 15 days after applicants pass the knowledge test. It includes a pre-trip vehicle inspection, basic control skills and on-road driving. Applicants must pass each section.
Military veterans and current military members can apply to have the skills exam waived if they meet the requirements.
To qualify for a waiver, applicants must:
- Be active duty military personnel.
- Operate a commercial vehicle as part of their military duties.
- Have been discharged from the military within the past 12 months.
- Submit an Application for CDL Skills Test Waiver.
Information on the Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles
The Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles administers CDL license regulations in Pennsylvania. To get more information contact them via:
Additional Pennsylvania CDL Helpful Links
Please use the links below to access Pennsylvania CDL testing resources and to learn more about practice driving tests for the state of Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania Commercial Driver License Manual
- Pennsylvania CDL FAQ
- Pennsylvania Drivers License Practice Test
- Pennsylvania Motorcycle Test