CDL Practice Test
CDL Category Practice Tests
- General Knowledge Test
- Combination Vehicles Test
- Passenger Vehicles Test
- Pre-Trip Inspections Test
- Double-Triple Trailers Test
- CDL School Bus Test
- CDL Air Brakes Test
- Hazardous Materials Test
- CDL Tanker Vehicles Test
CDL Practice Test
How To Get A florida Commercial Drivers License
Applicants can get their CDL at the age of 18. Person between the ages of 18 and 21 are restricted to intrastate driving, cannot drive doubles or triples, and may not be endorsed for Hazmat transport. Those age 21 and older may receive all available endorsements and drive interstate. CDL applicants must obtain a DOT medical card to be eligible for their commercial driver’s license.
Any drivers that fall into the below categories are disqualified from obtaining their CDL.
- Having a license from any other state than Florida.
- Being convicted of driving impaired in a commercial vehicle in the past two years.
- Having a suspended, revoked, or canceled driver’s license.
- Being disqualified from CDL driving privileges in another state.
All applicants must complete one or more knowledge tests and a skills test in order to be eligible to receive their commercial driver’s license.
H – Hazmat
N – Tank Vehicles
P – Passengers
S – School Bus
T – Double / Triple Trailers
X – Placarded Hazmat & Tank Vehicles
Hit the Open Road
florida CDL License Test Tips
Each applicant is required to complete a knowledge test in order to receive their CDL, with a score of 80% or better. Depending on the Class and Endorsements sought, there are multiple knowledge tests that much be taken. These include:
- Class A – 70 Questions (50 General Knowledge + 20 Combined Vehicle)
- Class B,C – 50 General Knowledge Questions
- Passenger, Doubles/Triples, and Tank Endorsements – 20 Questions
- School Bus Endorsement, Air Brake Restriction Removal – 25 Questions
- Hazmat Certification – 30 Questions
All applicants must complete a three section skills test. This includes a vehicle inspection, on-road driving assessment, and basic controls test. Those seeking endorsements for School Bus and Passengers as well as the Air Brake Restriction Removal will need to complete the skills test in the respective vehicle for their endorsement or removal. For example, those seeking the School Bus Endorsement must complete the skills test in a school bus.
Information on the Florida Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles
The Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles provides oversight and administration for the CDL requirements and testing in Florida. To get more information contact them via:
Additional Florida CDL Helpful Links
Please use the links below to access more valuable Florida CDL testing resources and to learn more about practice driving tests for the state of Florida.
- Florida Commercial Driver License Manual
- Florida Truck Driving Schools
- Florida Drivers License Practice Test
- Florida Motorcycle Test