tennessee CDL Practice Test
0 of 40 questions completed
This is a practice test site for helping you earn your CDL in Tennessee. Rules and regulations covered on these practice tests are based on the Tennessee CDL Manual. You can take these practice tests as many times as you like as the site is free to use. You will be presented with 40 questions and you must answer 34 questions correctly to pass. There is a 50-minute time limit. You may not go back once you answer a question. Click the “Start Test” button below to begin.
You have already completed this test before. You may only take this test once.
Test is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start this test.
You have to finish the following test before you may take this test:
0 of 40 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You scored 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Air Brake, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Combination Vehicles, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Double Triple Trailers, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- General, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Hazardous Material, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Passenger Vehicle, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Pre-Trip Inspection, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- School Bus, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Tanker Vehicles, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
Congratulations! You PASSED the CDL test! You can try it again to brush up on new questions or head down to your local DMV and take the state-administered test!
Ouch! You need to score at least 85% to pass this CDL test–that’s 34 correct questions out of 40. Why don’t you try it again and brush up on some of the questions before taking the real thing. If you need to focus on a specific category, try one of our CDL Category Tests by using the links below.
Air Brakes Combination Vehicles Double & Triple Trailers General Knowledge Hazardous Materials Passenger Vehicles Pre-Trip Inspections School Bus Tanker Vehicles
tennessee Drivers Test
tennessee Motorcycle Test
tennessee CDL Test
CDL Category Practice Tests
CDL General Knowledge Test
Combination Vehicles Test
Passenger Vehicles Test
Pre-Trip Inspections Test
Double/Triple Trailers Test
CDL School Bus Test
CDL Air Brakes Test
Hazardous Materials Test
CDL Tanker Vehicles Test
CDL Practice Test
How To Get A tennessee Commercial Drivers License
To be eligible for a CDL in Tennessee, applicants must meet the following age eligibility requirements.
- Be at least 18 years old to operate a commercial vehicle intrastate (within Tennessee only).
- Be at least 21 years old to operate a commercial vehicle interstate (outside of Tennessee).
Tennessee CDL applicants must be medically certified that they are physically fit to operate a commercial vehicle and pass a vision test. Applicants are required to submit the following documents.
- (Form MCSA-5876) Medical Examiner’s Certificate (This document must be completed by an FMCSA-certified physician.)
- (SF-1438) Self-Certification Form
Interstate non-excepted (drivers who do not work for the state or federal governments) must meet federal DOT requirements. Intrastate non-excepted drivers must meet the state requirements. Drivers who have had their licenses revoked, suspended, denied or canceled are not eligible for a CDL in Tennessee. Applicants can be disqualified for having multiple licenses. Tennessee CDL applicants will conduct a driving record check of the past 10 years in all 50 states.
Tennessee CDL Endorsements
- H – Hazmat Vehicles
- N – Tank Vehicles
- P – Passenger Vehicles
- S – School Bus
- T – Double or Triple Trailer
Hit the Open Road
tennessee CDL License Test Tips
All Tennessee CDL applicants must pass the general knowledge test prior to taking the skills test. This test consists of 50 questions. To pass the Tennessee test, applicants must score 80 percent or higher. Applicants who require additional endorsements must pass additional tests and pay the required fees. The Tennessee skills test can be taken 14 days after applicants pass the knowledge test. It includes a pre-trip vehicle inspection, basic control skills and on-road driving. Applicants must pass each section.
Military veterans and current military members can apply to have the skills exam waived if they meet the requirements. To qualify for a waiver, applicants must be currently enlisted in the military and:
- Be a Tennessee resident with a valid Tennessee driver’s license or eligible for a Tennessee license.
- Possess a military operator’s permit.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience operating the same type of vehicle as the applicant is applying to drive.
- Have been discharged from the military within the past 12 months.
- Submit (Form SF-1507) CDL Skills Test Waiver Application. The commanding officer must sign this document within 90 days of the CDL application.
Information on the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security
The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security Commercial Driver License Division administers CDL license regulations and testing in Tennessee. To get more information contact them via:
Additional Tennessee CDL Helpful Links
Please use the links below to access Tennessee CDL testing resources and to learn more about practice driving tests for the state of Tennessee.
- Tennessee Commercial Driver License Manual
- Tennessee Online Driver Services
- Tennessee Drivers License Practice Test
- Tennessee Motorcycle Test