CDL Practice Test
0 of 40 questions completed
Welcome to the Oregon CDL practice test site. You can take these practice test questions as many times as you like, as all of the driving practice tests on this site are completely free. The questions are all derived from the Oregon CDL driving manual and should help you prepare for the official Oregon CDL test. You will be presented with 40 questions and you must answer 34 questions correctly to pass. There is a 50-minute time limit. You may not go back once you answer a question. Click the “Start Test” button below to begin.
You have already completed this test before. You may only take this test once.
Test is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start this test.
You have to finish the following test before you may take this test:
0 of 40 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You scored 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Air Brake, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Combination Vehicles, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Double Triple Trailers, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- General, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Hazardous Material, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Passenger Vehicle, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Pre-Trip Inspection, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- School Bus, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Tanker Vehicles, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
Congratulations! You PASSED the CDL test! You can try it again to brush up on new questions or head down to your local DMV and take the state-administered test!
Ouch! You need to score at least 85% to pass this CDL test–that’s 34 correct questions out of 40. Why don’t you try it again and brush up on some of the questions before taking the real thing. If you need to focus on a specific category, try one of our CDL Category Tests by using the links below.
Air Brakes Combination Vehicles Double & Triple Trailers General Knowledge Hazardous Materials Passenger Vehicles Pre-Trip Inspections School Bus Tanker Vehicles
oregon Drivers Test
oregon Motorcycle Test
oregon CDL Test
CDL Category Practice Tests
CDL General Knowledge Test
Combination Vehicles Test
Passenger Vehicles Test
Pre-Trip Inspections Test
Double/Triple Trailers Test
CDL School Bus Test
CDL Air Brakes Test
Hazardous Materials Test
CDL Tanker Vehicles Test
CDL Practice Test
How To Get An oregon Commercial Drivers License
To be eligible for a CDL in Oregon, applicants must meet the following age eligibility requirements.
- Be at least 18 years old to operate a commercial vehicle intrastate (within Oregon only).
- Be at least 21 years old to operate a commercial vehicle interstate (outside of Oregon).
Oregon CDL applicants must be medically certified that they are physically capable of operating a commercial vehicle and pass a vision test. Oregon applicants must have the forms signed by a CDL-certified doctor.
Applicants are required to submit Form MCSA-5876, a Medical Examiner’s Certificate and Form 735-7369, a Self-Certification of CMV Driving Type.
All required paperwork must be completed before applying for a CDL. These documents must be brought to the appointment at the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles.
Drivers who have had their licenses revoked, suspended, denied or canceled are not eligible for a CDL in Oregon. Applicants can be disqualified for having multiple licenses.
Oregon CDL Endorsements
- H – Hazmat Vehicles
- N – Tank Vehicles
- P – Passenger Vehicles
- S – School Bus
- T – Double or Triple Trailer
- X – Combination Tank Vehicles and Hazmat Vehicles
Hit the Open Road
oregon CDL License Test Tips
All Oregon CDL applicants must pass the general knowledge test prior to taking the skills test. This test consists of 50 questions. To pass the Oregon test, applicants must score 80 percent or higher. Applicants who require additional endorsements must pass additional tests and pay the required fees. The Oregon skills test can be taken 14 days after applicants pass the knowledge test. It includes a pre-trip vehicle inspection, basic control skills and on-road driving. Applicants must pass each section.
Military veterans and current military members can apply to have the skills exam waived if they meet the requirements.
To qualify for a waiver, applicants must:
- Be active duty military personnel.
- Operate a commercial vehicle as part of their military duties.
- Have been discharged from the military within the past 12 months of applying for a CDL.
- Submit an Application for CDL Skills Test Waiver.
Information on the Oregon Department of Transportation
The Oregon Department of Transportation administers CDL license regulations in Oregon. To get more information contact them via:
Additional Oregon CDL Helpful Links
Please use the links below to access Oregon CDL testing resources and to learn more about practice driving tests for the state of Oregon.
- Oregon Commercial Driver License Manual
- Oregon List of CDL Testing Locations
- Oregon CDL Fees and Costs
- Oregon Truck Driving Schools
- Oregon Drivers License Practice Test
- Oregon Motorcycle Test