CDL Practice Test
CDL Category Practice Tests
- General Knowledge Test
- Combination Vehicles Test
- Passenger Vehicles Test
- Pre-Trip Inspections Test
- Double-Triple Trailers Test
- CDL School Bus Test
- CDL Air Brakes Test
- Hazardous Materials Test
- CDL Tanker Vehicles Test
CDL Practice Test
How To Get An oregon Commercial Drivers License
To be eligible for a CDL in Oregon, applicants must meet the following age eligibility requirements.
- Be at least 18 years old to operate a commercial vehicle intrastate (within Oregon only).
- Be at least 21 years old to operate a commercial vehicle interstate (outside of Oregon).
Oregon CDL applicants must be medically certified that they are physically capable of operating a commercial vehicle and pass a vision test. Oregon applicants must have the forms signed by a CDL-certified doctor.
Applicants are required to submit Form MCSA-5876, a Medical Examiner’s Certificate and Form 735-7369, a Self-Certification of CMV Driving Type.
All required paperwork must be completed before applying for a CDL. These documents must be brought to the appointment at the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles.
Drivers who have had their licenses revoked, suspended, denied or canceled are not eligible for a CDL in Oregon. Applicants can be disqualified for having multiple licenses.
Oregon CDL Endorsements
- H – Hazmat Vehicles
- N – Tank Vehicles
- P – Passenger Vehicles
- S – School Bus
- T – Double or Triple Trailer
- X – Combination Tank Vehicles and Hazmat Vehicles
Hit the Open Road
oregon CDL License Test Tips
All Oregon CDL applicants must pass the general knowledge test prior to taking the skills test. This test consists of 50 questions. To pass the Oregon test, applicants must score 80 percent or higher. Applicants who require additional endorsements must pass additional tests and pay the required fees. The Oregon skills test can be taken 14 days after applicants pass the knowledge test. It includes a pre-trip vehicle inspection, basic control skills and on-road driving. Applicants must pass each section.
Military veterans and current military members can apply to have the skills exam waived if they meet the requirements.
To qualify for a waiver, applicants must:
- Be active duty military personnel.
- Operate a commercial vehicle as part of their military duties.
- Have been discharged from the military within the past 12 months of applying for a CDL.
- Submit an Application for CDL Skills Test Waiver.
Information on the Oregon Department of Transportation
The Oregon Department of Transportation administers CDL license regulations in Oregon. To get more information contact them via:
Additional Oregon CDL Helpful Links
Please use the links below to access Oregon CDL testing resources and to learn more about practice driving tests for the state of Oregon.
- Oregon Commercial Driver License Manual
- Oregon List of CDL Testing Locations
- Oregon CDL Fees and Costs
- Oregon Truck Driving Schools
- Oregon Drivers License Practice Test
- Oregon Motorcycle Test