indiana CDL Practice Test
0 of 40 questions completed
This is a free site and you are able to take the tests as a study guide as you prepare for the Indiana CDL test. The topics covered in these Indiana practice CDL tests are taken from the Indiana CDL manual. You are welcome to take the tests as many times as you need to. You will be presented with 40 questions and you must answer 34 questions correctly to pass. There is a 50-minute time limit. You may not go back once you answer a question. Click the “Start Test” button below to begin.
You have already completed this test before. You may only take this test once.
Test is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start this test.
You have to finish the following test before you may take this test:
0 of 40 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You scored 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Air Brake, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Combination Vehicles, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Double Triple Trailers, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- General, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Hazardous Material, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Passenger Vehicle, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Pre-Trip Inspection, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- School Bus, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Tanker Vehicles, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
Congratulations! You PASSED the CDL test! You can try it again to brush up on new questions or head down to your local DMV and take the state-administered test!
Ouch! You need to score at least 85% to pass this CDL test–that’s 34 correct questions out of 40. Why don’t you try it again and brush up on some of the questions before taking the real thing. If you need to focus on a specific category, try one of our CDL Category Tests by using the links below.
Air Brakes Combination Vehicles Double & Triple Trailers General Knowledge Hazardous Materials Passenger Vehicles Pre-Trip Inspections School Bus Tanker Vehicles
indiana Drivers Test
indiana Motorcycle Test
indiana CDL Test
CDL Category Practice Tests
CDL General Knowledge Test
Combination Vehicles Test
Passenger Vehicles Test
Pre-Trip Inspections Test
Double/Triple Trailers Test
CDL School Bus Test
CDL Air Brakes Test
Hazardous Materials Test
CDL Tanker Vehicles Test
CDL Practice Test
How To Get An indiana Commercial Drivers License
Any applicants that fall into the following categories are automatically disqualified from receiving their commercial driver’s license.
- Current driver’s license is suspended, revoked, denied, or canceled.
- Conviction of driving a commercial vehicle impaired with the past 24 months.
- Possessing more than one driver’s license.
- Currently has CDL privileges disqualified or revoked in Indiana or another state.
All applicants must pass a knowledge exam and a CDL skills test in a vehicle that represents the license Class they are applying for.
X – Hazmat Tank
H – Hazardous Materials
N – Tank Vehicles
P – Passenger Vehicles
T – Double or Triple Trailers
S – School Bus
Hit the Open Road
indiana CDL License Test Tips
All applicants are required to pass a general knowledge test for their CDL. The knowledge test consists of 50 questions on the topic of commercial driving. Class A drivers must complete an additional 20 questions about combination vehicles. Those seeking endorsements must take an additional exam for each endorsement they wish to receive. A passing score for each test is at a minimum of 80 percent.
All skills tests will consist of three parts. These include a pre-trip inspection, basic control skills exam, and a road trip exam. These are to be completed at a local BMV office or other authorized examination site. An applicant must pass each part of the skills test to be eligible for their CDL.
Additional Indiana CDL Helpful Links
Please use the links below to access more valuable Indiana CDL testing resources and to learn more about practice driving tests for the state of Indiana.
- Indiana Commercial Driver License Manual
- Indiana Commercial Learner’s Permit
- Indiana CDL Examination Sites
- Indiana Drivers License Practice Test
- Indiana Motorcycle Test