Wisconsin CDL Practice Test
0 of 40 questions completed
This is a site to use as you prepare to gain a CDL in Wisconsin. This site is free to use and you can take these practice tests as many times as you would like. The questions on these tests cover topics and regulations from the Wisconsin CDL manual. Use this Wisconsin CDL practice test site as a guide to prepare to take the CDL test. You will be presented with 40 questions and you must answer 34 questions correctly to pass. There is a 50 minute time limit. You may not go back once you answer a question. Click the “Start Quiz” button below to begin. Good luck!
You have already completed this test before. You may only take this test once.
Test is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start this test.
You have to finish the following test before you may take this test:
0 of 40 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You scored 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Air Brake, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Combination Vehicles, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Double Triple Trailers, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- General, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Hazardous Material, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Passenger Vehicle, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Pre-Trip Inspection, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- School Bus, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Tanker Vehicles, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
Congratulations! You PASSED the CDL test! You can try it again to brush up on new questions or head down to your local DMV and take the state-administered test!
Ouch! You need to score at least 85% to pass this CDL test–that’s 34 correct questions out of 40. Why don’t you try it again and brush up on some of the questions before taking the real thing. If you need to focus on a specific category, try one of our CDL Category Tests by using the links below.
Air Brakes Combination Vehicles Double & Triple Trailers General Knowledge Hazardous Materials Passenger Vehicles Pre-Trip Inspections School Bus Tanker Vehicles
Wisconsin Drivers Test
Wisconsin Motorcycle Test
Wisconsin CDL Test
CDL Category Practice Tests
CDL General Knowledge Test
Combination Vehicles Test
Passenger Vehicles Test
Pre-Trip Inspections Test
Double/Triple Trailers Test
CDL School Bus Test
CDL Air Brakes Test
Hazardous Materials Test
CDL Tanker Vehicles Test
CDL Practice Test
How To Get A Wisconsin Commercial Drivers License
To be eligible for a CDL in Wisconsin, applicants must meet the following age eligibility requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old to operate a commercial vehicle intrastate (within Wisconsin only).
- Be at least 21 years old to operate a commercial vehicle interstate (outside of Wisconsin).
Wisconsin CDL applicants must be medically certified that they are physically fit to operate a commercial vehicle and pass a vision test.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- (Form MV3230) Commercial Driver: Tier of Operation
- (Form MCSA-5876) Medical Examiner’s Certificate
Interstate non-excepted (drivers who do not work for the state or federal governments) must meet federal DOT requirements. Intrastate non-excepted drivers must meet the state requirements.
Drivers who have had their licenses revoked, suspended, denied or canceled are not eligible for a CDL in Wisconsin. Applicants can be disqualified for having multiple licenses.
- H – Hazmat Vehicles
- N – Tank Vehicles
- P – Passenger Vehicles
- S – School Bus
- T – Double or Triple Trailer
- X – Combination Tank Vehicles and Hazmat Vehicles
Hit the Open Road
Wisconsin CDL License Test Tips
All Wisconsin CDL applicants must pass the general knowledge test prior to taking the skills test. To pass the Wisconsin test, applicants must score 80 percent or higher. Applicants who require additional endorsements must pass additional tests and pay the required fees.
The Wisconsin skills test can be taken 14 days after applicants pass the knowledge test. It includes a pre-trip vehicle inspection, basic control skills and on-road driving. Applicants must pass each section.
Military CDL Waivers
Military veterans and current military members can apply to have the skills exam waived if they meet the requirements.
To qualify for a waiver, applicants must:
- Reside in Wisconsin.
- Be currently active in the military.
- Have operated a commercial vehicle as part of their military duties.
- Have been honorably discharged from the military within the past 12 months.
- Submit (Form MV3588) Military Service CDL Skills Test Waiver Application. (A portion of this document must be completed by the commanding or training officer.
Information on the Wisconsin Department of Transportation
The State of Wisconsin Department of Transportation is the authority for CDL regulations in Wisconsin. To get more information contact them via:
Additional Wisconsin CDL Helpful Links
Please use the links below to access Wisconsin CDL testing resources and to learn more about practice driving tests for the state of Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Commercial Driver License Manual
- Step-by-Step Guide in Applying for a Wisconsin CDL
- Wisconsin Drivers License Practice Test
- Wisconsin Motorcycle Test