south carolina CDL Practice Test
0 of 40 questions completed
This is a site to help you prepare to take the CDL permit test in South Carolina. You can take these practice test questions as many times as you like, and the site is free to use. The questions on this practice test cover rules from the SC CDL manual. You will be presented with 40 questions and you must answer 34 questions correctly to pass. There is a 50-minute time limit. You may not go back once you answer a question. Click the “Start Test” button below to begin.
You have already completed this test before. You may only take this test once.
Test is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start this test.
You have to finish the following test before you may take this test:
0 of 40 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You scored 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Air Brake, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Combination Vehicles, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Double Triple Trailers, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- General, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Hazardous Material, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Passenger Vehicle, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Pre-Trip Inspection, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- School Bus, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Tanker Vehicles, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
Congratulations! You PASSED the CDL test! You can try it again to brush up on new questions or head down to your local DMV and take the state-administered test!
Ouch! You need to score at least 85% to pass this CDL test–that’s 34 correct questions out of 40. Why don’t you try it again and brush up on some of the questions before taking the real thing. If you need to focus on a specific category, try one of our CDL Category Tests by using the links below.
Air Brakes Combination Vehicles Double & Triple Trailers General Knowledge Hazardous Materials Passenger Vehicles Pre-Trip Inspections School Bus Tanker Vehicles
south carolina Drivers Test
south carolina Motorcycle Test
south carolina CDL Test
CDL Category Practice Tests
CDL General Knowledge Test
Combination Vehicles Test
Passenger Vehicles Test
Pre-Trip Inspections Test
Double/Triple Trailers Test
CDL School Bus Test
CDL Air Brakes Test
Hazardous Materials Test
CDL Tanker Vehicles Test
CDL Practice Test
How To Get A south carolina Commercial Drivers License
To be eligible for a CDL in South Carolina, applicants must meet the following age eligibility requirements.
- Be at least 18 years old to operate a commercial vehicle intrastate (within South Carolina only).
- Be at least 21 years old to operate a commercial vehicle interstate (outside of South Carolina).
South Carolina CDL applicants must be certified that they are medically fit enough to operate a commercial vehicle and pass a vision test. Applicants are required to submit the following documents.
- (Form MCSA-5876) Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- (Form DL-405A) Medical Certification Requirements
Interstate non-excepted (drivers who do not work for the state or federal governments) must meet federal DOT requirements. Intrastate non-excepted drivers must meet the state requirements. Drivers who have had their licenses revoked, suspended, denied or canceled are not eligible for a CDL in South Carolina. Applicants can be disqualified for having multiple licenses.
South Carolina CDL Endorsements
- H – Hazmat Vehicles
- N – Tank Vehicles
- P – Passenger Vehicles
- S – School Bus
- T – Double or Triple Trailer
- X – Combination Tank Vehicles and Hazmat Vehicles
Hit the Open Road
south carolina CDL License Test Tips
All South Carolina CDL applicants must pass the general knowledge test prior to taking the skills test. To pass the South Carolina test, applicants must score 80 percent or higher. Applicants who require additional endorsements must pass additional tests and pay the required fees. The South Carolina skills test can be taken 14 days after applicants pass the knowledge test. It includes a pre-trip vehicle inspection, basic control skills and on-road driving. Applicants must pass each section.
Military veterans and current military members can apply to have the skills exam waived if they meet the requirements. To qualify for a waiver, applicants must:
- Be currently enlisted in the military.
- Possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
- Have operated a commercial vehicle as part of their military duties.
- Have been discharged from the military within the past 12 months.
- Submit (Form DL-408A) CDL Skills Test Waiver Application for Military Personnel. The commanding officer must sign this document within 90 days of the CDL application.
Information on the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles
The South Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles administers CDL license requirements in South Carolina. To get more information contact them via:
Additional South Carolina CDL Helpful Links
Please use the links below to access South Carolina CDL testing resources and to learn more about practice driving tests for the state of South Carolina.
- South Carolina Commercial Driver License Manual
- Schedule Your South Carolina CDL Skills Test
- South Carolina Drivers License Practice Test
- South Carolina Motorcycle Test