CDL Practice Test
0 of 40 questions completed
Use this site as you prepare to take the Ohio CDL test. You can work through these practice test questions as you prepare for the Ohio CDL Test. The questions on these practice tests will gauge your knowledge on the various areas that apply to obtain a CDL in Ohio. This site is completely free and you are welcome to take the practice tests as many times as you would like. You will be presented with 40 questions and you must answer 34 questions correctly to pass. There is a 50-minute time limit. You may not go back once you answer a question. Click the “Start Test” button below to begin.
You have already completed this test before. You may only take this test once.
Test is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start this test.
You have to finish the following test before you may take this test:
0 of 40 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You scored 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Air Brake, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Combination Vehicles, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Double Triple Trailers, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- General, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Hazardous Material, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Passenger Vehicle, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Pre-Trip Inspection, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- School Bus, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Tanker Vehicles, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
Congratulations! You PASSED the CDL test! You can try it again to brush up on new questions or head down to your local DMV and take the state-administered test!
Ouch! You need to score at least 85% to pass this CDL test–that’s 34 correct questions out of 40. Why don’t you try it again and brush up on some of the questions before taking the real thing. If you need to focus on a specific category, try one of our CDL Category Tests by using the links below.
Air Brakes Combination Vehicles Double & Triple Trailers General Knowledge Hazardous Materials Passenger Vehicles Pre-Trip Inspections School Bus Tanker Vehicles
ohio Drivers Test
ohio Motorcycle Test
ohio CDL Test
CDL Category Practice Tests
CDL General Knowledge Test
Combination Vehicles Test
Passenger Vehicles Test
Pre-Trip Inspections Test
Double/Triple Trailers Test
CDL School Bus Test
CDL Air Brakes Test
Hazardous Materials Test
CDL Tanker Vehicles Test
CDL Practice Test
How To Get A ohio Commercial Drivers License
To be eligible for a CDL in Ohio, applicants must meet the following age eligibility requirements.
- Be at least 18 years old to operate a commercial vehicle intrastate (within Ohio only).
- Be at least 21 years old to operate a commercial vehicle interstate (outside of Ohio).
Ohio CDL applicants must be medically certified that they are medically capable of operating a commercial vehicle and pass a vision test. Ohio applicants must get assistance with completing the forms from a CDL-certified doctor.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents.
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- (Form 649-F) Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
Drivers who have had their licenses revoked, suspended, denied or canceled are not eligible for a CDL in Ohio. Applicants can be disqualified for having multiple licenses.
Ohio CDL Endorsements
H – Hazmat Vehicles
N – Tank Vehicles
P – Passenger Vehicles
S – School Bus
T – Double or Triple Trailer
X – Combination Tank Vehicles and Hazmat Vehicles
Hit the Open Road
ohio CDL License Test Tips
All Ohio CDL applicants must pass the general knowledge test prior to taking the skills test. This test consists of 50 questions. To pass the Ohio test, applicants must score 80 percent or higher. Applicants who require additional endorsements must pass additional tests and pay the required fees. The Ohio skills test can be taken 14 days after applicants pass the knowledge test. It includes a pre-trip vehicle inspection, basic control skills and on-road driving. Applicants must pass each section.
Military veterans and active military members can apply to have the skills exam waived if they meet the requirements. To qualify for a waiver, applicants must:
- Be active duty military personnel.
- Operate a commercial vehicle as part of their military duties.
- Have been honorably discharged from the military within the past 12 months.
- Submit an Application for CDL Skills Test Waiver.
Additional Ohio CDL Helpful Links
Please use the links below to access more valuable Ohio CDL testing resources and to learn more about practice driving tests for the state of Ohio.
- Ohio Commercial Driver License Manual
- Ohio Truck Driving Schools
- Ohio Drivers License Practice Test
- Ohio Motorcycle Test