CDL Practice Test
CDL Category Practice Tests
- General Knowledge Test
- Combination Vehicles Test
- Passenger Vehicles Test
- Pre-Trip Inspections Test
- Double-Triple Trailers Test
- CDL School Bus Test
- CDL Air Brakes Test
- Hazardous Materials Test
- CDL Tanker Vehicles Test
CDL Practice Test
How To Get A utah Commercial Drivers License
To be eligible for a CDL in Utah, applicants must meet the following age eligibility requirements.
- Be at least 18 years old to operate a commercial vehicle intrastate (within Utah only).
- Be at least 21 years old to operate a commercial vehicle interstate (outside of Utah).
Applicants who are under the age of 21 years old will not be permitted to apply for endorsements in HAZMAT, passenger vehicles and school buses.
Utah CDL applicants must be certified that they are medically fit to operate a commercial vehicle and pass a vision test. Applicants are required to submit the following documents.
- (Form MCSA-5876) Medical Examiner’s Certificate
(CDL-42) Commercial Driver’s License Medical Self Certification
Drivers who have had their licenses revoked, suspended, denied or canceled are not eligible for a CDL in Utah. Applicants can be disqualified for having multiple licenses.
Utah CDL Endorsements
- H – Hazmat Vehicles
- N – Tank Vehicles
- P – Passenger Vehicles
- S – School Bus
- T – Double or Triple Trailer
- X – Combination Tank Vehicles and Hazmat Vehicles
Hit the Open Road
utah CDL License Test Tips
All Utah CDL applicants must pass the general knowledge test prior to taking the skills test. This test consists of 50 questions. To pass the Utah test, applicants must score 80 percent or higher. Applicants who require additional endorsements must pass additional tests and pay the required fees. The Utah skills test can be taken 14 days after applicants pass the knowledge test. It includes a pre-trip vehicle inspection, basic control skills, and on-road driving. Applicants must pass each section.
Military veterans and current military members can apply to have the skills exam waived if they meet the requirements. To qualify for a waiver, applicants must:
- Be currently enlisted in the military.
- Have operated a commercial vehicle as part of their military duties for at least 2 years.
- Have been discharged from the military within the past 12 months.
- Submit (Form CDL-ST WVR) CDL Skills Test Waiver Application for Military Skills Waiver. The commanding officer must sign this document.
Information on the Utah Department of Public Safety
The Utah Department of Public Safety administers CDL license requirements in Utah. To get more information contact them via:
Additional Utah CDL Helpful Links
Please use the links below to access Utah CDL testing resources and to learn more about practice driving tests for the state of Utah.
- Utah Commercial Driver License Manual
- Utah Waiver of Skills Testing for Former Military
- Utah Drivers License Practice Test
- Utah Motorcycle Test