CDL Practice Test
0 of 40 questions completed
This site is designed to help aspiring commercial drivers practice for their State of California Department of Motor Vehicles CDL test. You can take these free California CDL practice tests as many times as you would like. Questions on these tests come from the various commercial driver license topics that are represented in the California CDL handbook. You will be presented with 40 questions and you must answer 34 questions correctly to pass. There is a 50-minute time limit. You may not go back once you answer a question. Click the “Start Test” button below to begin.
You have already completed this test before. You may only take this test once.
Test is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start this test.
You have to finish the following test before you may take this test:
0 of 40 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You scored 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Air Brake, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Combination Vehicles, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Double Triple Trailers, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- General, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Hazardous Material, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Passenger Vehicle, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Pre-Trip Inspection, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- School Bus, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
- Tanker Vehicles, CDL, Rules of the Road 0%
Congratulations! You PASSED the CDL test! You can try it again to brush up on new questions or head down to your local DMV and take the state-administered test!
Ouch! You need to score at least 85% to pass this CDL test–that’s 34 correct questions out of 40. Why don’t you try it again and brush up on some of the questions before taking the real thing. If you need to focus on a specific category, try one of our CDL Category Tests by using the links below.
Air Brakes Combination Vehicles Double & Triple Trailers General Knowledge Hazardous Materials Passenger Vehicles Pre-Trip Inspections School Bus Tanker Vehicles
california Drivers Test
california Motorcycle Test
california CDL Test
CDL Category Practice Tests
CDL General Knowledge Test
Combination Vehicles Test
Passenger Vehicles Test
Pre-Trip Inspections Test
Double/Triple Trailers Test
CDL School Bus Test
CDL Air Brakes Test
Hazardous Materials Test
CDL Tanker Vehicles Test
CDL Practice Test
How To Get A california Commercial Drivers License
Any drivers who falls into the following categories are disqualified from receiving their commercial driver’s license.
- Convicted of driving a commercial vehicle impaired in the past two years.
- Having multiple driver’s license.
- Having a revoked, denied, canceled, or suspended driver’s license.
- Being disqualified from obtaining CDL driving privileges in another state.
Applicants for a California CDL must complete a vision test at the time of their application, along with one or more knowledge tests and a practical skills test.
S – School Bus
N – Tank
P – Passenger
H – Hazardous Materials
X – Hazmat and Tank Combination
P – Passenger Vehicle
Hit the Open Road
california CDL License Test Tips
Information on the California Department of Motor Vehicles
The State of California Department of Motor Vehicles regulates the certifying and testing of commercial drivers in the California. To get more information contact them via:
Additional California CDL Helpful Links
Please use the links below to access more valuable California CDL testing resources and to learn more about practice driving tests for the state of California.
- California Commercial Driver License Manual
- How to Apply for a Commercial Drivers License
- Military Waiver Program for CDL Driving Test
- California Truck Driving Schools
- California Drivers License Practice Test
- California Motorcycle Test